I’ve been taught that the best way to achieve your goals is to write them down. Having a written record of things you plan to do is the best way to keep yourself accountable. Many people choose to accomplish this by creating a “Bucket List”, or things that they plan to do/accomplish before they pass away. (have you seen the movie? total tearjerker).
Being that this is a travel-oriented website and blog, I figured I’d create my own list of travel goals. I can revisit this and update it as I knock things off the list. With that said, here we go!
Bon Voyage by Barbour’s
Travel Bucket List
1. Visit the Ancient Pyramids in Egypt
(would’ve been done this month, but then THIS happened…)
2. See/Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef
3. Cruise the Panama Canal
4. Take a Gondola Ride in Venice, Italy
5. Visit Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6. Attend the Summer Olympic Games
Toss a coin in Trevi Fountain
Visit the Acropolis in Athens
9. See the Grand Canyon
10. Go white water rafting
Climb Dunn’s River Falls (Jamaica)
12. Visit Machu Picchu
13. Zip-Line in Costa Rica
14. Kayak in a luminescent lagoon in Puerto Rico
15. See the Sydney Opera House in person
16. Ride a bullet train in Japan
17. Lounge on a beach in Thailand
18. Cruise the Galapagos Islands
19. Drive Highway 101 from Los Angeles to San Francisco (or vice versa)
20. Take a photo of London from the top of the London Eye
21. Visit the top of the Eiffel Tower
22. Take a River Cruise in Europe or Asia
23. Visit The Door to No Return in Ghana
24. Go on safari in Kenya or South Africa
25. Cruise down the Amazon River
View Michelangelo’s work on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
I strongly advise you to take some time to complete a similar list. Mine is by no means finished and I will be adding to it as time progresses.
So my people, what would you add to your personal Travel Bucket List?